Saturday, November 21, 2009

Losing Weight

I have been busy with trying to lose weight that is why I haven't posted for awhile.

Let me give you a brief story about my struggle with losing weight. When I arrived here in New Zealand, that was January 2007, my goal was to lose weight. I was 76 kilograms then. What made me decide to really lose weight was because of the doctor's advice in New Zealand. She said if I lose weight and monitor my blood pressure, I could probably stop taking my hypertension medication.

So I started watching what I ate and exercised. In a span of 4 months I lost 20 kgs. I have maintained this weight for almost 2 years. The start of this year was a bit of stressful for me, because of having to learn how to drive, so I just ate what I wanted to give me comfort and I never exercised as well. Come July, I already gained 10 kgs, and was only able to wear 2 of my pants. So I told myself, this should stop.

Mid July, I started watching what I ate and exercised again. I was very determined, otherwise I will end up weighing 76 kgs again. One of the things that made me want to lose weight was the fact that I wanted to eat a lot at the Christmas season.. :-) After 4 months my efforts have all finally paid off. The 10 kgs were off, but comparing this to my 2007 weight loss, 20 kgs was lost for 4 months. Well, I think the difference was in 2007, my exercise was walking outside and this year I was walking inside the house.

I just need to keep this weight off, then I could enjoy eating on the holidays. Yehey!

3 comments:

jonsaint said...

What is your diet? Give some tips.

cindy said...

Whenever I wake up, gutom na ako, so breakfast is the first thing I do in the morning,I usually eat cereals. After 3 hours, hungry na ako, I eat chocolate and drink tea. Preferrably dark chocolate, mga 25 grams lang, which is equivalent to isang row of chocolates. Then lunch, kahit anong niluto ko, I usually cook, meat plus veggies, and if I can, I won't eat rice. Then I go hungry again after 3 hours, I eat some sweet stuff, most probably chocolate ulit... hehehe... Kanina ang kinain ko, mocha cake na bake ko. Then my dinner if possible I take it before 7pm, kasi by that time gutom na ulit ako.And para madigest before I sleep. Same thing kung ano kinain ko ng lunch yun na din ang dinner.
Tips in eating, if you are hungry in between meals, try to drink water first to check if you are really hungry, bka kasi thristy ka lang. If hindi nawala yung hunger, you should definitely eat. My most important Motto : Hungry=Eat, so your body will burn the calories.
I am not a fan of fruits so I eat a lot of veggies. Hindi rin ako mahilig sa bread so I don't really substitute my rice with bread. If ever I eat rice, konti lang.
And madalang lang dapat kumain ng fastfood, because these food are loaded with calories and fats. Minsan hindi maiwasan, kapag naggagala and you are with your family, you have to buy like burgers, if I eat one for lunch, hindi na ako kumakain ng snack in the afternoon. I don't like juices as well, matamis yun, so I drink water or eat the real fruit instead. Saka if I want to drink coffee, I dont drink lattes, I drink black coffee. And if I wanted to eat something fattening, I still eat it, pero konti lang.
May nabasa din ako, sabi you shouldn't drink too much water after your meals, kasi it dilutes the stomach acids that is neccessary to digest the food. So dapat daw uminom ng madaming tubig in between meals. Kasi tanda ko nung bata pa ako, sabi uminom daw ng mdaming tubig para mabusog agad, so hindi pala maganda yun.
Exercise naman, if I can, I run for an hour a day. Then do my abdominal exercises.
I'm not so sure with men, kung anong changes yung dapat gawin sa diet nila. Kasi I think men need more calories. If you would like to lose weight, I think your body will tell you kung gaano kadami yung dapat mong kainin.
As for me, my body tells me to eat chocolate, hahaha.... :-)
I'm ready for Christmas eating now. So kahit kumain ako ng madami, madali na i-lose after.

jonsaint said...

Thanks.